When we were recently on vacation in Rhode Island, I was sharing in my Instagram Stories all about the cocktail I made for us girls during a few super warm days and I had so much interest on what was in it and how to make it! As promised, I’m sharing all about it! The best part is that it’s relatively low cal and its SUPER refreshing! The thyme adds just a hit of herbaceous spice making it a beverage you can easily sip on year round. It gets it’s name Island Thyme because my family lives on an Island in RI and the drink has Thyme in it. Super clever, I know lol!
It’s an easy drink to make, not easy in the sense of pop a top and pour over ice, but the nice thing is, that once the ingredients are muddled, you can keep reusing them, so really it’s just lime squeezing and beverage pouring and shaking your little heart out.
- 2 Jigger Tito's Vodka
- 1 Jigger Cointreau (or triple sec)
- 2 Limes
- 3 Cucumber slices
- 1 Sprig of Thyme
- Spindrift Lime
- In a shaker, squeeze juice of 1 1/2 limes, cucumber slices and sprig of thyme and muddle really well.
- Add in the Tito's and Cointreau and fill shaker with ice
- Top shaker off and shake well.
- Pour over rocks glasses filled with ice.
- Slice remaining limes into half moons and garnish inside of glass.
- Top off with Spindrift Lime (DO NOT replace the spindrift for La Croix or other carbonated beverage, the Spindrift quality MAKES this!)
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and enjoy!