I am ALL about a good pasta salad and have been know to make them weekly in the warmer months! This Summer Asian Noodle Salad is ALWAYS a big hit, why? Well, aside from the fact that it’s DELICIOUS, its also different and I think people like different. Especially when most BBQ parties have the same sides “I’ll bring the veggie tray,” “I’ll bring an italian dressing pasta salad,” “I’ve got the cole slaw” you know? It’s always the same, you almost always know what to expect to eat when you go to a summer party. Well, y’all why not mix it up a bit?
The dressing is super simple and it’s super refreshing too! I like to use rice noodles, but you can mix it up with what you’ve got on hand or with what is at your local store- udon, ramen, heck, even good ole spaghetti noodles will work in a pinch! The pasta absorbs this sauce beautifully so switching up the noodle ain’t no thang!
I suggest making this a day ahead of time and keeping it in the fridge, because, like anything with a noodle, the longer it has to sit and soak up the sauce the better it tastes!
A few key notes- RINSE the noodles in cold water, MIX the dressing- don’t just add it to the noodles one at a time, and feel free to get fun with it- make it your own!
- 2 cups of slaw mix
- 1 box rice noodles
- 3 sweet baby red peppers
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 scallions, chopped greens only
- 1/4 c olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 c low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c oyster sauce
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- 1/4 natural peanut butter
- 3-4 tbs fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- sesame oil to taste
- fresh lime wedges
- chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro and sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Whisk together oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Add sesame oil to taste (it's powerful).
- Mix veggies in with noodles and pour the dressing over and mix with tongs.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, lime and cilantro and sesame seeds if you're fancy like that!
- Refrigerate to allow all flavors to come together and ENJOY!